The Midlothian ISD Education Foundation, (also known as M.E.F.) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt, public charity, philanthropic organization of citizens that share a vision of enhancing education in Midlothian ISD. It works to increase private support for educational activities at MISD which benefit students and personnel by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars. M.E.F. fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement, and awards Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community and educational leaders.
Purpose of the Foundation:
The Midlothian ISD Education Foundation (MEF) has been created to support the educational programs for both the students and staff of Midlothian ISD. The Foundation will provide funds for educational programs and activities that either have not been funded or have been under-funded because of budgetary constraints.
The mission of the Midlothian ISD Education Foundation (MEF) is to generate and distribute resources to the Midlothian Independent School District. These resources will be used to enrich, maintain, and expand programs needed to meet the District's stated mission of excellence in education.
- These funds will be used to
- facilitate student achievement and skill development;
- recognize and encourage staff excellence;
- expand community involvement from individuals, businesses and civic organizations.
- Innovative teaching grants
- Student/teacher recognition programs
- Endowed scholarship programs
- School/community partnerships
- Permanent endowment fund
- Students needing special assistance
- Allocate donations to student programs (i.e. Band, Theater Arts, Athletics, Vocational Ag)